15 simple tips to sleep well
It's happened to all of us: there's nothing more annoying than going to bed and tossing and turning! An incessant flow of thoughts, a devouring desire to check the notifications on your smartphone, the urge to get up again to go and have a last drink of water... There are many causes when you have trouble falling asleep. But fortunately, there are just as many tricks to curl up again in the arms of Morpheus. Discover the advice of Aurélie Canzoneri, naturopath.
Why is sleeping well so important?
If we need to sleep so much, it is because sleep is actually VITAL for every one of us. Indeed, it allows:
- Allows the brain maturation and the recovery of the organism
- Promotes memory and learning
- Lowers blood pressure
- Optimizes the regeneration of our cells
- Boosts the secretion of growth hormone
- Strengthens the defences
- Rests the nervous system
- Regulates appetite
What if we don't sleep well?
Undeniably, the day is longer and fatigue is on the rise... We are also colder, our immunity drops and, as a reflex to compensate, we feel the urge to rush to eat sugar. It is also less known, but beyond an increased stress and a decrease in our mental performance, there is also a risk of weight gain.
15 tips to sleep well
- Eat a light meal in the evening.
À From 4 p.m. onwards, choose foods rich in tryptophan (a precursor of serotonin, which helps you fall asleep and relax) and magnesium, which facilitates the assimilation of the latter. They are found in brown rice, eggs, dark chocolate (yay!), bananas and nuts.
Listen to your breathing to better control it.
Start meditating: videos, podcasts can guide you.
- Listen to the signals of sleep and don't fight falling asleep.
- Can't be beat: read a book before going to sleep.
- Anxiety, eating too much, screen abuse... Looking for the initial cause of your problems will allow you to find a permanent solution.
- Eliminate excitants that disturb the nervous system (tea, coffee...).
Some herbs in infusion can help you: passionflower, valerian, linden, lemon balm or lavender.
- Nothing beats a good bath with a few drops of essential oils (lavender, orange blossom...).
- Some beauty products can help! The Sleep line fromIndie Lee line offers body products with essential oils to help you sleep well.
Make sure you sleep in the dark because darkness is essential to secrete melatonin.
Keep an eye on the temperature of the room: ideally, it should be between 18° and 20°.
Avoid screens at least 2 hours before bedtime.
- Go to bed and get up at a fixed time during the week... and on weekends!
Our must-haves for dream skin when you wake up
Sleep Mist Brume d'Oreiller
On veut... une nuit étoilée
Venus & Gaia
Taie d'Oreiller en Soie Format Rectangle
Magic Cocoa du Soir
Did you like this article? Then you should love "Digest better to feel better about yourself", from a previous Instagram live from Aurélie Canzoneri! For more information, you can contact Naturopath Aurélie Canzoneri: www.canzoneri-naturopathe.com