What is a Gua Sha?
The use of Gua Sha is nothing new! Recognized for centuries in Asia for its many virtues, its name is a combination of the word "gua" meaning "to scrape" and "sha" meaning "disease". The movements performed with this little tool are a source of well-being, improving the immune system and blood circulation, as well as having an anti-ageing effect on the face! Gua Sha can also be used on the body, making it a multi-purpose beauty tool.
What are the benefits of a Gua Sha on the face and body?
Massages with a Gua Sha have many virtues. Used daily on your face and body, they offer visible effects from the first use. You are not yet convinced? Here are some of the effects you will notice:
On the face
- The complexion is more radiant and glowy
- The production of collagen is boosted
- The features are smoothed and firmed for a guaranteed anti-aging effect!
- Tensions are reduced, facial features are relaxed
- The applied treatments are better assimilated by the skin thanks to the action of the massage
On the body
- Blood and lymphatic circulation is boosted
- The skin is smoother and firmer
- The sensation of heavy legs is reduced
- Cellulite and the "orange peel" appearance are reduced
How to use a Gua Sha for the face & body?
The gua sha body:
After applying our nourishing oil, use scraping and smoothing motions starting with the calves and working your way up to the heart.
Little tips: You can place your gua sha body and face in the refrigerator for a refreshing effect. To promote the anti-cellulite effect, you will need to run it under hot water for a few minutes. After using your gua sha, it can be placed in a large bowl of water or in the smoke of a Palo Santo stick to recharge it.
Which stone to choose for your Gua Sha?
Gua sha are usually made of stones like Quartz or Sodalite.
In order to take full advantage of all the benefits of this small object, it is important to select a quality stone. There are also several forms of gua sha which differ according to the utility sought.
At Oh My Cream, we have selected quality gua sha face & body with interesting properties. You can find our entire selection of gua sha for face and body here.
Are you a fan of lithotherapy? Each stone symbolically possesses particular energetic properties:
- Rose Quartz: Regenerates and soothes the epidermis
- White Quartz: Drain and firm up
- Blue Sodalite : Soothing and harmonizing
- Green aventurine: Brings positive vibrations to the ritual
- Black Obsidian: Regenerates and boosts collagen
Our favorite gua sha: