Gua Sha : why should you adopt it ?
If there is a flagship accessory in recent years, it is him ... Gua Sha! Used in the ancestral Chinese medicine, the Gua Sha is a ritual of massage which consists in massaging one's skin with a small tool, initially made from cow horn. Today, the use of Gua Sha has been modernized and this small beauty tool is recognized for its multiple benefits on the body and mind. But how does it work concretely? Explanations!
What is a Gua Sha?
The use of aGua Sha does not date from yesterday! Recognized for several centuries in Asia for its numerous virtues, its name is a combination of the word "gua" meaning "to scratch" and "sha" meaning "disease". The movements made with this small tool are indeed a source of well-being by improving the immune system, blood circulation but also via an anti-aging action on the face! The Gua Sha can also be used on the body, which makes it a multi-use beauty tool.
What are the benefits of a Gua Sha on the face and body?
Massages with a Gua Sha have many virtues. Used daily on your face and body, they offer visible effects from the first use. You are not yet convinced? Here are some of the effects you will notice:
On the face
- The complexion is more radiant and glowy
- The production of collagen is boosted
- The features are smoothed and firmed for a guaranteed anti-aging effect!
- Tensions are reduced, facial features are relaxed
- The applied treatments are better assimilated by the skin thanks to the action of the massage
On the body
- Blood and lymphatic circulation is boosted
- The skin is smoother and firmer
- The sensation of heavy legs is reduced
- Cellulite and the "orange peel" appearance are reduced
How to use a Gua Sha for the face & body?
The use of a gua sha is a perfect part of your beauty routine without requiring several hours in the bathroom.
The gua sha face:
After applying a skin care oil (such as thePlumping Oil ), slide the gua sha over your face while maintaining a light pressure from the inside to the outside.
The gua sha body:
After applying our nourishing oil, use scraping and smoothing motions starting with the calves and working your way up to the heart.
Little tips: You can place your gua sha body and face in the refrigerator for a refreshing effect. To promote the anti-cellulite effect, you will need to run it under hot water for a few minutes. After using your gua sha, it can be placed in a large bowl of water or in the smoke of a Palo Santo stick to recharge it.
Which stone to choose for your Gua Sha?
Gua sha are usually made of stones like Quartz or Sodalite.
In order to take full advantage of all the benefits of this small object, it is important to select a quality stone. There are also several forms of gua sha which differ according to the utility sought.
At Oh My Cream, we have selected quality gua sha face & body with interesting properties. You can find our entire selection of gua sha for face and body here.
Are you a fan of lithotherapy? Each stone symbolically possesses particular energetic properties:
- Rose Quartz: Regenerates and soothes the epidermis
- White Quartz: Drain and firm up
- Blue Sodalite : Soothing and harmonizing
- Green aventurine: Brings positive vibrations to the ritual
- Black Obsidian: Regenerates and boosts collagen