1. Because your current foundation doesn't really take really your skin.
Some ingredients are "magic" to obtain a foundation at the top of sensoriality. Except that... Dehydration progressively sets in, as do sensitivities and - oh my! - pimples. In short, this explosive cocktail condemns you to the famous vicious circle of "the less I feel, the more I use".
- The perfect product to get started : True Skin Foundation Serum Ilia & Purepressed Base SPF20 Jane Iredale
The "bare skin" effect is yours with Ilia: its second skin effect evens out instantly, blurring small imperfections and fine lines, while hydrating the skin. It's simple: the more you apply it, the less you need to use it! And if you're looking for more coverage and matte, Purepressed Base is just the thing.
- Active ingredients that are best avoided: denatured alcohol (alcoohol denat.) in high doses, ultra-transformed silicones (end in -iloxane or -icone), mineral oils (paraffinum liquidum), synthetic perfume.
Without realising it, you are tasting ingredients you would NEVER eat.
Everything you put on your lips gets ingested so we are lucky that we only tend to apply very small quantities of lipstick or balm. But where possible, do try to avoid petrochemical derived ingredients and other such delights...
- The perfect product to get started: Balmy Gloss Tinted Lip Oil Ilia
This new-generation lip gloss with a balm finish sublimates all lips with brio, giving them a colorful and shiny glow. Glosses are more than ever the trendy make-up of the year, it's time to get back to it ;-)
- The active ingredients that it is better to avoid: hydrocarbons (ozokerite, paraffinum liquidum, microcrystalline wax), cyclopentasiloxane, parabens.
For stronger eyelashes.
We have a tendency to apply a double layer of mascara on our poor fragile eyelashes which then end up falling out on a pad of cotton wool at the end of the day. And then there is the sensitive eye brigade for whom the clean mascara quest is a veritable holy grail.
- The perfect product to start : Limitless Lash Mascara Ilia
This is without doubt THE ultimate clean mascara. The formula is 99% natural and contains arginine to strengthen the lashes as well as beeswax and carnauba for nourishment. Your lashes will be on their finest form.
- Active ingredients that are best avoided: polyvinylpyrrolide, phenylmercury acetate, polyquaternium, BHT, synthetic pigments (CI not followed by the number 7), kerosene (paraffinum).
4. Because your skin needs to BREATHE
Bases, highlighters and blushers can suffocate the skin over time. Spots and microcysts (little bumps like spots but under the skin) often build up exactly where you apply blusher for exemple. And then there are the make-up bases full of synthetic silicones which make skin dry and sensitive.
The perfect products to get started : Multi Stick Ilia & Living Luminizer RMS BeautyTwo favorite products to revive the radiance in the blink of an eye...
- Active ingredients that are best avoided (pretty much the same as foundation): denatured alcohol (alcoohol denat.) in high doses, ultra-transformed silicones (end in -iloxane or -icone), mineral oils (paraffinum liquidum), synthetic fragrances.
Because clean versions of long-lasting and deeply pigmented powder do exist.
The main problem with “classic” eye shadows or pencils is the presence of large quantities of synthetic pigments. Artificial colours are hugely irritating and can be an issue for sensitive eyes. But the good news is that clean powders are starting to appear on the market and the colours are amazing and they last just as long as their less clean predecessors.
- The perfect product to start : Liquid Powder Chromatic Eye Tint Ilia
The perfect product for clean make-up beginners: Liquid Powder Chromatic Eye Tint by Ilia The make-up love affair of the year: amazing colours and super easy to apply. You can just use your fingertip.
- The active ingredients that it is better to avoid: BHT (preservative), artificial pigments (to be detected if after the CI mention they are not followed by the number 7), polybutene (synthetic oil).
Did you like this article? Then you should also like our little post on ingredients to avoid in your cleansers...