The illuminator: what is it for?
On the borderline between between make-up and skincare, a illuminator - also known as highlighter - offers a touch of light and glow to the complexion. It can be pink, bronze or golden, it adapts to all skin types and complexions to instantly awaken the radiance of the face. In powder, liquid or cream texture, it is easily applied on the strategic areas of the face: cheekbones, brow bone or even the cupid's bow (the heart of the lips). The dream make-up ally of all skin types in search of light for a final glowy touch!
Not sure which illuminator is right for you? In cream, liquid or powder texture, with a pink, golden or bronze color, there are many illuminators to choose from. Determine your skin type to find out which type of illuminator is best suited to your skin. Not sure what type of skin you have? Follow our guide !
- If your dry or dehydrated skinchoose the richer, more moisturizing cream textures.
- If your skin is normalIf you have normal skin, you have a lot of choices! Cream, liquid or powder, choose the material that suits you best.
- If your skin is combination to oilychoose a powder illuminator for more mattness and comfort!
And to find the right shade, the undertone of your skin is a good indicator of the shades to favor:
- For cold cool undertonesFor a cooler undertone, choose a pink or pearlescent illuminator.
- For warm warm undertonesFor warm undertones, choose a gold or bronze illuminator.
How to apply a illuminator?
Easy to use, theilluminator is applied differently depending on its texture.
- A powder illuminator favors the use of a brush for brush for greater precision,
- A cream illuminator can be applied with a finger or a brush according to your preference
- A liquid illuminator can be applied directly to the skin or with a brush to work the material
L'astuces pour bien appliquer son highlighter
To capture the light, the illuminator is applied to targeted targeted areas of the face such as the brow bone, cheekbones or the cupid's bow.
En texture liquide, il peut aussi être mélangé à une crème hydratante et appliqué sur l’ensemble du visage pour un effet glowy imparable.
Among our favorite illuminators, let yourself be tempted by :
- The Impossible Glow from Pai Skincare in a shade of Bronze, Rose Gold or ChampagneA liquid illuminator to be applied alone or in addition to a moisturizer for a radiant complexion!
- The Liquid Light Serum Complexion Illuminator Ilia, a liquid illuminator that illuminates the complexion with its light-reflecting pigments while protecting and moisturizing the skin.
- For fans of powder textures, the Daylite Highlitghting Powder Enluminator Ilia is sure to delight! Subtly iridescent, this natural illuminator illuminates the complexion of all skin tones thanks to its silica pearl extract.
- Finally, the cream illuminator Living Luminizer RMS Beauty is a real beauty asset! A universal best-seller, it leaves the complexion radiant and perfectly moisturized! The perfect ally for skin in search of radiance!